Mai Chau is a mountainous district of Hoa Binh province in the northwestern region of Vietnam, approximately 135 km from Hanoi. Mai Chau is well known for stilt houses, green valley. The two tribes, White Thai and Black Thai, settled in the same area and make up the largest ethnic population of the region.
Day 1: Hanoi – Mai Chau, Cycling (L,D)
07:45 Pickup at your hotel in the Old Quarter in our comfortable van
10:00 Short break
11:30 Scenic photo stop of Mai Chau valley/arrive in Mai Chau
12:15 Traditional lunch in local village (vegetarian available)
13:00 Bicycle ride with local tour guide, see farmers working in fields, locals weaving scarves and visit surrounding peaceful villages.
15:00 Free time for bicycling, walking, shopping
18:00 Free at leisure before having set menu dinner with host
19:30 Watch Thai traditional dance in the stilt house Enjoy Traditional alcohol (ruou can) with the community.
Overnight in Ban Van village or Ban Van Mai Chau valley.
Day 2: Mai Chau – Hanoi (B,L)
07:30 - 08:00 Wake-up and eat breakfast
08:30 - 11:30 Hike to 1000 Step Cave and local market
12:15 - 15:00 Lunch and free time to relax before getting on the van to Hanoi
18:30 -19:00 Drop you off at your hotel
* Standard Tour: Accommodation at local stilt house
* Superior Tour: Accommodation at local stilt house but Private room.
- Out door BBQ Dinner Party: + $7.00/person.
- Visit more remote rural villages day 2: + $ 5.00/person.
- Motorbike trip on day 2: + $12.00/person.
- Rock climbing trip: + $40.00/person.
- AC Shuttle bus pick up and see off in Hanoi Old Quarter
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- Entrance ticket in the village
- Meals as indicated: B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner
- Home-stay in Lac village
- Personal fee ( ex: Drinks, Souvenirs)
- Free of charge for children under 4 years sharing bed with parents.
- Surcharge 75% rate of adult for children (5-9 years) sharing bed with parents.
- Over 9 years is adult’s rate
- A pair brings 2 children, the second children charged as adult
- The itinerary can be changed due to weather, tide levels and operating conditions.
- Special request (diet or vegetarian, …) should be sent before your departure date.
- You should take long sleeve clothes, hat, trekking shoes, sunscreen, mosquito repelent, and flash light.
JOIN-IN GROUP PRICE
Type Description Price
Standard Tour Communal Dorm 70 USD/person
Superior Tour River View Bungalow with Fan 85 USD/person
Deluxe Tour Valley View Bungalow with AC 105 USD/person
PRIVATE TOUR PRICE
Why Private tour - What are difference between Join-in-group tour and Private tour ?
Join-in-group tour : You join the tour some other tourists. You share the bus, boat, tour guide, so the price is cheaper. You have to be on time and follow the fixed itinerary and timetable.
Private tour : The bus, boat and tour guide is reserved for your group only. The timetable and itinerary can be flexible.